At the beginning of the year, I set goals for myself in the hobby. I’ll do the same next week for 2022, but for now, it’s time to take stock of how I did this year.
- Keep ramping up eBay sales. I give this one a mixed result. While I was selling at a good pace for most of the year, the introduction of a newborn baby in my life slowed things down for sure. There was also a slight downturn in the market, which accounted for some of the slowness in the second half of the year.
- Dive headfirst into non-sport cards. Done, and also over with. I had a brief spell captivated by vintage non-sport, then got sick of it. There are a few sets and subjects I am still actively collecting, but my love affair with non-sport was short and sweet.
- Go to a large card show besides the National. I failed at this one. The largest show I was able to go to was about 80 tables and right here in Florida.
- Get my storage unit organized. Success, by the skin of my teeth! Just yesterday I finished up getting it exactly how I want. It’s packed tightly, but it’s a fully functional space for me to work from, with a little room to grow as well.
- Work on a book. I’ve shelved this one for now. I’m still enthused by the idea, but not quite sure how to make it work.
Next week, I’ll unveil my goals for 2023!