Last week, I reviewed the goals I set for myself at the beginning of 2022. I didn’t quite achieve all of them, but this year, I have some new goals to add, along with trying to do the few that fell by the wayside last year.
1. Begin using Whatnot regularly. I’m already well on my way as I began selling vintage cards in Whatnot auctions right after the 1st of the year. I still have some kinks to iron out, and it is time-consuming, but it does create another revenue stream.
2. Organize my personal collection. Over the years, my personal collection has taken on many identities. As a result, I now have some cards that I don’t even remember I have, or that don’t fit into the current direction of my collection. I’d like to pare down — so, of course, I can spend more money on cards I do want.
3. Go to a large card show besides the National. I failed at this one last year, and I’m hoping I don’t fail two years in a row. The jury is still out on if I’ll get to the National this year, but regardless, I’d like to visit another show.
4. Sell bulk. My storage unit is organized but it’s at capacity. Much of it is low-end cards that I’ll never do much of anything with. I’d like to explore ways to sell these items in bulk.
5. Buy another white whale. I bought some terrific cards in 2022 for my collection, but none fell into the “white whale” category. I have a few cards I’ve been looking for for years, and I’d like to add at least one to my collection!
I’d love to hear some of your collecting goals for 2023. Comment and let me know what you hope to achieve this year!