At the beginning of the year, I set goals for myself in the hobby. I’ll do the same next week for 2022, but for now, it’s time to take stock of how I did this year.
- Ramp up selling on ebay. I certainly succeeded in this goal. Through summer I was on track to have my best year in 22 years on ebay. Things cooled down in the fall, but I’ve still been listing like a fiend. I now have an all-time high of nearly 1400 items in my ebay store, and I am continually adding more.
- Get out of my storage unit. Not gonna happen anytime soon. I’d love to, as my rent was increased and I’m now paying $150 a month. But, I think it would take years to get through, and I have plans to move some stuff here at my house over to the storage unit. I’m probably in it for the long haul.
- Actually go to the National. Mission accomplished! After what seemed like a lifetime of waiting, the National finally happened and it was as phenomenal as I’d hoped. In my goals post I said I was hoping to take a rental van up to Chicago. While that didn’t happen, and I flew instead, I still had an amazing time and consider this the biggest goal achievement of the year.
- Branch out into non-sport cards. I started doing this this year but only in the last month or so have I become really energized by this idea. I’m not going to say I completed this one quite yet. There’s too much I still don’t know, and my collecting hasn’t been focused yet.
- Buy one of my white whale cards. I take back what I said about the National being my biggest goal achievement of the year. I actually bought two white whale cards, including my biggest one ever. For Thanksgiving, I wrote about buying my holy grail card, which I still can’t believe happened. I also bought the 1950 Drake’s Duke Snider card I specifically mentioned in the original post, but that seems like child’s play compared to getting the 2005 Topps Rookie Cup Thurman Munson 1/1.
Next week, I’ll unveil my goals for 2022!