Inside the Pack: 2022 Hobby Goals
Last week, I reviewed the goals I set for myself at the beginning of 2021. I didn’t quite achieve all of them, but this year, I have some new goals to add, along with trying to do the few that fell by the wayside last year.
- Keep ramping up eBay sales. This was my number one goal for 2021, and I met it, drastically increasing the number of items I had for sale. One way I did this is with a successful implementation of selling cards for $2 each and shipping them in a plain white envelope for a low shipping charge. It has helped me move inventory, and I have tens of thousands of more such cards waiting to be listed.
- Dive headfirst into non-sport cards. One of my 2021 goals was to branch out into non-sport cards, and I did succeed. Now, I must confess that I’m hooked on the vintage stuff. I still have much to learn and explore.
- Go to a large card show besides the National. I’m most likely not going to the National this year, which would normally leave me with just small local shows to go to. But with so much large super-regional type shows popping up, I’d love to check one out.
- Get my storage unit organized. My unit has been a mess ever since I moved into it. Last year my goal was to get out of the unit; I’m seeing that that’s not possible. But, I can make it more organized and condense things down, so that it’s easier to prepare for shows and easier to move cards that are currently at my house into the unit.
- Work on a book. My friend and I have an idea for a book. While there’s virtually no way it would get completed this year, I’d like to get the ball rolling on it and start developing it.
I’d love to hear some of your collecting goals for 2022. Comment and let me know what you hope to achieve this year!